Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Alaskan Adventure - July 7, 2014


We woke up this morning to thunder!!  I don't remember hearing thunder when we lived here in the late 80's.  But, this year has been very rare to have so many rainy days.  I guess it is good to keep forest fires down, so we will just have patience and let it rain.

The clouds finally broke around noon and the guys set to work.

Can you see it?  Spray of water out the side opening.  Looks like Ray is sweeping out rain water.

    Tarps didn't help too much.

      See the caulking tubes?  Yes, they were used today.

          Ron pulling electrical wire.

       They moved a lot of lumber to the upstairs. 

Even though it rained for half the day, the job goes on...

On Monday and Thursday, David, a wonderful Sushi Chef prepares us a beautiful dish of Sushi. 


We appreciate his artistry.  He said we are amatures at eating sushi so the fish is cooked.  


Last night we saw a comedy production at Pioneer Park,  Golden Heart Revue.  It is a musical comedy about the early years in Fairbanks. It was funny and well presented. I think we all had a good laugh.


It still does not get dark here in Fairbanks.  See stats below for July 7, 2014

Flag for U.S.A. Fairbanks, U.S.A. — Sunrise, sunset, moon times for today

Moon: 77.7%

Waxing Gibbous

Current Time:Jul 7, 2014 at 11:14:38 PM


Sunrise Today:3:27 AM 21° Northeast
Sunset Today:12:25 AM 339° North


Moonrise Today:6:07 PM 128° Southeast
Moonset Today:1:13 AM 238° Southwest


Daylight Hours:20 hours, 57 minutes (-5m 30s)


Location

4 comments:

  1. He cooked it for you all! That is hilarious! That does mean you can't call it sushi! ;)

    I remember the summer before we moved, there was a micro-burst on Fort Wainwright. I was able to canoe down the street and all in the cul-da-sac. You are right though, I don't remember thunder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Carmen, I don't know how well cooked it is. Taste raw to me. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love sushi...and, yes, there is cooked sushi. I was only able to eat cooked sushi when I was pregnant. :)

    ReplyDelete