Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Colstrip, MT

We arrived in Colstrip, MT to visit with Glenn's brother and family.  Colstrip is a small town in southeastern part of Montana. Driving in was so beautiful.. 


Clover was everywhere.  The bees love this clover.  Ever seen Clover Honey?

We are having a lovely visit and seeing many sights.  One afternoon, we visited an Indian Pow Wow.  I love their regalia and the ceremonial dances.







The numbers are for contest in dance.
  I don't know what  all the judges look for but it was all very interesting.
It was so hot.  I don't see how they can dance all the day in there regalia.
  I would pass out.   Even the little ones get out in the hot sun and dance.
They do break for water and a little rest,  however, I noticed some danced every dance or so it seemed.


The drummers also have contest between each other.  There were several groups of drums and singers.
This group was close to us.

 


We have had such a great time visiting, and we have done so many things. I don't know if I can catch up on blogging, but this evening, I will try to comment on our 4th of July festivities.  Tomorrow, we head out on our way to Glacier Park.  So glad we can share this time together with family!!

No comments:

Post a Comment