Sunday, June 16, 2019

Adventures With Ruby


Fort Bragg and in particular, Glass Beach has been on my bucket list ever since my sister-in-law introduced me to beach glass.  

At first glance from the cliffs overlooking the beach, I was a little disappointed. But, it looked like people were searching and keeping their finds. 


As Glenn and I made our way down, we saw bits of white frosted, amber frosted, and frosted bits of green glass absolutely everywhere.  Most of the pieces were small but layers of it. In fact, in some places there was more glass than sand and pebbles.  







We were told that it was now legal to keep some;  that the case against keeping the glass was thrown out of court. I was skeptical, so off to the Glass Museum we went.  Sure enough, it is legal. 

I could have played all day. 







An interesting fact about Fort Bragg´s Beach Glass is that it was a land fill and they thought that the trash would be washed out to sea, but the waves here did not wash the trash out to sea.  So, the trash was burned. The glass just got washed by the sea and broken up by the rocks.  




We enjoyed our few days here. We stayed at POMO Campground. It is a nice campground with full hookups in most sites. 



No comments:

Post a Comment