Monday, May 16, 2011

Across the Flooded Mississippi

I have been without internet service for the last week or so.  I will try to catch up......



May 10, 2011
Today we left David Crockett State Park, TN and continued on toward Memphis.  Our destination was Wynne, AR. 

The mighty Mississippi is so high.  It has flooded fields, roads, railroads and peoples homes.  So sad.  We were concerned because we heard that I-40 was closed, however we later learned that the Mississippi is receding and I-40 is now open.  Maybe that is why we extended two days longer than we had planned.


Note the top of the trees.


Along the way, I took a few pictures of grain elevators.  I had not seen large elevators or at least had not noted them since my life in Texas.  This is the Delta region of Arkansas.

Huge grain elevators



(The google map is not exactely correct as I was unable to correct it.....we followed Hwy 64 mostly)

1 comment:

  1. To bad we went in the opposite direction of y'all. It sounds like you enjoyed TN. I am glad you got across the Mississippi fine. I guess you have the count down going on to the Cowboy Cook-off! I sure wish we were headed that way as well. I could use some good Cowboy cooking!

    ReplyDelete