Tuesday, June 7, 2016

The Week After



On May 27th we closed on the house and turned the keys over to Mary Hale.  Mary is a really sweet lady and I hope she has many happy years in the house. 



Shelia, her daughter, and our backdoor neighbor helped in so many ways. I don't think the closing could have gone any better.  I will cherish her friendship. 



After the closing, we all went to lunch at Johnny Harris, a famous Savannah restaurant. Sad to say that that was the next to last day the restaurant would be open. The building is going to be torn down.  So sad and so wrong. 


They were very generous to let us stay parked in the driveway after the closing. We had a few more things to settle before we left.

One of those "things to settle" was my mini van. We took it to Effingham Auto Sales for them to sell.  I think I was more emotional about my wheels than my house. 


Paddleford Plantation is a great neighborhood with wonderful neighbors. Thanks goes out to Roger for use of his trailer, and Christian fellowship. Larry and LeeAnn, lived beside us for all 27 years.  Our prayers will be with them. 



My Lillies, a gift from my dad, were blooming. 



On June 1, we pulled out to go to Jekyll Island Campground to spend a few days with Dylan and Drew. We had a great four days mini vacation with them. 













We are presently parked at Hunter Army Airfield, Lott's Island FamCamp, waiting on repairs for the RV, then we will be on our way to Indiana for the next MAPS project. 

No comments:

Post a Comment