Tuesday, April 5, 2011

5th Wheel

We finally got our 5th wheel out of the shop yesterday; after about two months.  It was struck by lightning and needed intensive repair.  There were a list of electrical repairs of which we were not aware was damaged.  We knew the microwave, both TVs  were affected but evidently the electrical system had to be replaced/repaired.  Now it should be ready to hit the road by April 27.

We are taking it out this weekend to attend a Royal Ranger Round-up event (camping at the Cherokee Pow Wow at St. George, GA). This will give us a chance to check things out before embarking on our much anticipated trip.

Tomorrow Glenn has to pack it.  Hopefully he won't pack all his dutch ovens...we must keep the weight down.  He only needs to take two...one for dinner......and one for blueberry cobbler.  HA HA

Ok.....I need some suggestions for a catchy name for this blog......Carmen....what was that that Chris came up with?......"Dodging the Pits"...?   "Rolling Over The Pits"...?... something like that....lol

2 comments:

  1. "Rolling with the Oldies" was one! LOL. You would need some 50's music I would think! THis cracks me up everytime I think about it. ;) Pitt's Stop! That was another one. Heehee. ANd you can say, "Our next pit stop is so and so..." I said "Rolling over the Pits" but I don't know if I would want to picture you on the road "flat".

    Modern Wagon Train... with Dad's Fronteirs theme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha...
    Carmen...what about Ramrod's Wagon and have theme music of western shows like "Rawhide"? I'll have to run that one by Dad. I like Rollin with the Oldies too but I think that one might be taken.

    ReplyDelete