Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Adventures With Ruby

We rolled in to Alamogordo, NM on April 28. We thought we would have a camping spot at the AFB but it seems most spots are taken up by active military personnel. We did find a spot at an RV park that was reasonable. 

We drove through the White Sands National Park and watched a few kids sled down the dunes. 

I tried to climb on the dunes but I  didn't get very far.  The sand is a little hard to walk in.  There was a young couple near by and ask if I would like to try their sled  The young man said he would help me climb the dunes to sled down. I said no thank you at first but they kept trying to convince me I could do it. He said he would assist me up the hill. So him and his wife helped me. 



Glenn was to take a video but he accidentally stopped the video before I got going good. It was loads of fun for this old lady. Oh to be young again. 


It was a perfect day. No wind causing the sand to blow and it was not a hot day. 

Brindle had fun exploring but I didn't let him get in the sand. 


We went back to the dunes in the evening to watch the sun go down. 
It was beautiful!




1 comment:

  1. Glenda, that is beautiful!! Kudos to you for giving the sled a try!! Such fun!

    ReplyDelete