Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Alaskan Adventure - August 6, 2014 - Central Mission Assembly of God Church

Monday and Tuesday brought rain, but today the sun shines brightly.  

On Monday, the ladies quilting club at First Assembly of God gets together to sew childerns quilts or I call them lap quilts. Joyce and Ginger have been going and I've  been a couple of times.  This past Monday, Joyce almost has her quilt finished.

    Here she finished glueing  the "sandwich" together
    (bottom flannel piece, batting, and top quilt)

    Joyce learning to machine stipple. 
    Free motion.  Karen makes it look so easy. 

    Ginger tried her hand also..


This is something I need to try with my machine.  I have the quilting table attachment for it but I guess table is not really needed for small items. 

I have enjoyed watching the ladies and even picked up a few tips.  Thanks to YouTube I might even remember them.


The men continue to work.  

   Doors and windows are in.

   Door "eyebrows" going up.

   Glenn and Troy working on the plumbing.  

Ron has some electrical work.



This week the siding should be delivered.

We were saddened to say bye to Arlen and Ginger.  Arlen's 97 year old mother is in the hospital. 

    


   Our memories will last forever.   Praying as they travel home. 






No comments:

Post a Comment