Monday, August 19, 2019

Adventures With Ruby


August 16-18 we visited Yellowstone. We were unable to camp in the park but we had a nice camp at Rainbow Point Campground about 8 miles from West Yellowstone. It was nice but mosquitoes were terrible.  However, we spent most of our day in the National Park. 

This visit to Yellowstone was filled with places we had never visited in the park or else it was so long ago, I had forgotten. 

I enjoyed Mammoth Hot Springs. This part of the park is loaded with what I call hot lava flow. I know that is not the scientific name but it is what I think of.




We drove the whole circle around that area of Yellowstone.  From the West Entrance, we viewed Gibbon Falls, Artist Paint Pot, Norris Geyser Basin and Firehole Lake Drive plus a lot more. 


Gibbon Falls

















We didn't see a lot of wildlife,  but at one point we had a huge bison follow the truck down the road.  




The next day we visited Old Faithful and then drove over to the Teton National Park.








Teton National Park





I enjoyed Yellowstone more this trip than any other. And I hope to spend more time in the Tetons. 






Now it is on to Cody. Years ago Glenn had bought me a sapphire wrap ring to go with my diamond.  Both rings needed repair and Sean DeNamur does excellent in house design and repair, so we made a special trip to Cody.  



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing the beautiful pictures of your awesome trip!

    ReplyDelete