Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Visit "Home".

After the project in Vacherie, LA, we headed home to Georgia. Glenn had several medical appointments to set up and we also had an appointment to see about the RV. We knew we had a leak somewhere.  We checked into Whispering Pines (WP) on April 7.  We were able to stay there for two weeks then we had to find another RV site because WP was booked. We found a place called Mossy Oak Music Park.  It is not really an RV park even though they have 500 hookups. It is privately owned for Bluegrass Festivals. The owner was kind enough to let us use his facilities since we are Construction Missionaries.  He also lets volunteers for Habitat for Humanity stay here. 

It just so happened that they were having a bluegrass festival the weekend we moved in. Glenn had a Royal Ranger camp out locally that weekend with Dylan and Drew so I was by myself, which wasn't bad, I occupied my time going to a few of the bluegrass acts. 

 



My little man visited me for a little while. We had popcorn as we listened to the music and also played on the playground. 

 



We not only had trouble/repair on the RV, we also had truck trouble.  We took the old 2001 truck to our dealership mechanics, of whom we trust, and they advised that if we were to stay locally and not travel, we could put 5,000 dollars into it, but, if we still were to do our volunteer work, we would need to get a different truck.  We decided on a 2017 Chevy Silverado 3500 diesel.  I hate like everything to have a truck payment but having to keep putting money into an old truck was worse. We are thankful to have a dependable, under warranty, truck.  

 


Our first trip in the new truck was to take the boys to the Blue Angels air show.  

.  

 


 

 




 


Kelly and I took the boys to the Columbia Riverbanks Zoo. I always have a good time with family. 


 


 

 


Glenn has now completed his doctor appointments. He had to have a Basal Cell cancer removed from his ear which included taking a graff from his neck. 
I'm so thankful he finally went to a skin doctor. 

We also had to go to Charleston for other test but we received good reports. He just needs to eat more fruits and veggies.  His protein was a little high.  He has been on a high protein diet so that will have to change. 


During my stay here, I have made a few more beaded suncatchers and I finished a couple of  playing card holders. 

 


 



 



We will stay here until after Memorial Day weekend then we will head to Illinois to visit family. 





No comments:

Post a Comment